Wednesday 5 June 2013

Chapter 1

Assalamu'alaikum everyone!

I love to eat. I love to travel to food places and try new food every now and then. And I've always wanted to start a food blog and I've been waiting for the opportunity to do so. So this is it, welcome to my food blog! :)

The main reason I decided to create a food blog is for the benefit of my fellow Muslim comrades out there in Singapore. Being a small minority group in this tiny speck of land on Earth, there is undoubtedly a limited number of halal-certified food places for us to venture. I hunt for halal food places all over the country (not only restaurants with BIG names but also those small, hidden food places which are less known too) and I sincerely hope this humble online space of mine benefits Muslims out there who are looking for a place to dine in with your loved ones! And of course, non-Muslims are welcome too :)

In every post, as much as possible, I'll try to include:

1) Personal reviews of the food
2) Ambience of the place (if it catches my attention more, that is haha! Usually I am more interested with the food) and Service
3) Budget
4) Must-try dishes
5) Recommended-for
6) Nearby mosques/musollahs/any clean area that I discover

As a Muslim myself, I understand how hard it is sometimes to find a proper place to perform our daily prayers. Some food places that are more ulu usually do not have a mosque nearby. Even there is, it will either be too far OR you won't have the time to pray if it takes a lonnnnngggg time to travel to the mosque. Hence, as much as possible, I'll try to keep a lookout for empty and clean spaces that are suitable to pray. But you need to bring your own sejadahs and praying veil etc, yeah? :)

InsyaAllah, all the food places that I'll post here are either halal-certified OR Muslim-owned (this especially applies to local bakeries or cafes which I've done my research on) hence rest assured, my Muslim buddies! Me no consume pork or liquor, no worries.. Heh heh.

Currently I have a list of food places that I plan to visit and post it up here! *jumps around* And I also have drafted a few reviews already, so keep a lookout okay! Oh oh, if any of you have any food recommendations for me, feel free to inform me too :)

In the meantime, let me beautify this blog! Weeeee~~

No comments:

Post a Comment